This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices of Swapsity B2B. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date: June 1, 2015
Swapsity is committed to providing its Users with an Internet experience that respects and protects their personal privacy. Our privacy policies and practices are detailed below, and we ask that you read them thoroughly. Our policy is based on the following three pledges we make to our Users:
We are constantly improving the tools you can use to manage the data that you provide to us. Please refer to this page from time to time to see these new features.
(1) Personal Information is information such as your name, e-mail address or mailing address and business name.
(2) Anonymous Information is not Personal Information. Swapsity may collect Anonymous Information such as: IP addresses, browser software, operating system, screen resolution, date, time and places visited, domain names, searches performed, average stay on the Site, average number of visits in a given period and other information of a similar nature.
(3) User Credibility Information is a set of indicators that summarize the User's transaction credibility and reputation in the community based on past transaction history.
PLEASE NOTE: Although IP addresses are Anonymous Information, in some cases, we may use IP addresses to identify Users of our Site when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Business Terms of Service or other applicable agreements, or to protect our service, or other Users. Users should be aware that under certain circumstances, IP addresses and/or domain names may be linked to Personal Information, when such information is stored in databases managed by Internet registries.
Once you give us Personal Information you are not anonymous to us. At registration, Users provide Personal Information such as: full name, business name and address, business type, email, postal code, contact number and other similar information.
We also collect the following information from Users:
Log Files: We automatically collect some information on our server logs such as the User's IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, referring website addresses, geographical location and other similar information.
User Activity Information: We may also collect and track information pertaining to User's transaction activities, history and Site activity and access.
Email Correspondence: If you send us email correspondence, we may retain such information.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
(1) To improve our service offerings or create new features, analyze statistics, User preferences and trends as well as to monitor compliance with our Business Terms of Service. The data may be used individually or aggregated with other Anonymous Information. Please note that we may share such statistics or data in aggregated form with third parties.
(2) We use information about you to operate Swapsity B2B, to facilitate transactions among Users and any services available through the Site that you request, to inform you of other services or offers in which you might be interested, and to improve and enhance the Site. We also use your personal information to troubleshoot problems, help maintain transactional integrity, measure interest in our services, customize your experience, detect and protect us against error; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
(3) From time to time we may run contests or offer promotions on our Site in which we ask participants for contact information, such as their names and e-mail address(es). If you participate in contests or promotions, your contact information will be used primarily to reach you in connection with the contests.
(4) In certain special cases, we may disclose your Personal Information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with Swapsity's rights, property or operation, other Swapsity Users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your Personal Information when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative investigation.
You agree that we may use Personal Information about you to improve your experience, enhance our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, improve our content and service offerings, and customize the Site's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using our online community.
(1) Swapsity will not sell, rent or share your Personal Information.
(2) Swapsity may disclose some of your Personal Information (e.g. name, business name, website, LinkedIn profile, project needs) in the normal course of business and for purposes related to arranging barter arrangements. For example, in an effort to evaluate suitability, we may disclose your business information or project needs to potential barter partners for the purpose of exploring mutually beneficial transactions as well as fit among our members.
(3) Your User Profile and business information are not displayed throughout the Site and are not available to all other Users in the Swapsity B2B community. We do however display some of your information (name, business name, HST status, photo) when we finalize your barter transaction with your barter partner(s).
(4) Advertisers/ Third Parties: We may aggregate your Personal Information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers or other third parties.
(1) Users provide various Personal Information and personally identifiable information to each other when finalizing a swap or a sale ("Transaction Information"). Such Transaction Information is provided by each User at his or her own discretion.
(2) Under no circumstances may Users disclose Personal Information or Transaction Information about another User to a third party without the prior written consent of that User.
(3) You agree that other Users may use your Personal Information to communicate with you.
(4) Users may not add other Users' emails to any mailing lists without their prior written permission.
Users can update their Personal Information at any time by logging into their accounts. You must update your Information promptly if it changes.
Upon your written request we will de-active your account. Please note that Swapsity may retain some information about you on file even after your account is closed. If you have any concerns about this, please contact us.
(2) You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our Site and other web sites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
IMPORTANT ADVICE ON USING PUBLIC OR SHARED COMPUTERS: When you sign-in to your existing account you have the option of checking the 'Remember Me' box. We caution you that using the 'Remember Me' feature may create risks to your account security especially if you using a shared computer. Checking that option can facilitate your sign-in process and allow you to login into your Swapsity account automatically without having to type in your password every time you visit our Site. If you wish to 'cancel' the 'Remember Me' option, please uncheck the box when you sign in and delete the cookie manually from your machine. Please be aware that using shared computers or public computers can create extra risks to your account security. We strongly advise you to check-off the 'Remember Me' option and to sign-out properly when you leave the computer. If you inadvertently forget to disable the 'Remember Me' option or you leave it checked, make sure you manually delete the cookie after you log-out of your account. Ensuring your account security and safety is your responsibility.
Your unique username and password enables Swapsity to verify your identity and membership and ensures your Personal Information is kept private and secure. You are solely responsible for all the actions (including accepting a Barter Arrangements) undertaken with your username and password. To protect your Personal Information and account activity, we strongly recommend that you do not share your password with other parties. If your password has been compromised please change it immediately by accessing your Settings page.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We take reasonable precautions and employ different security techniques and measures to protect your Personal Information. Only authorized parties have access to the information you provide to us. However 'perfect security' does not exist on the Internet and we cannot guarantee absolute security or that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide or transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Please remember that you are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password.
Note: Swapsity B2B website does not handle any credit card transactions and does not store any credit card information. All user-to-user payments (if any) are concluded between Users and are not overseen or guaranteed in any way by Swapsity. Users provide financial information or payments to each other at their own risk. Swapsity cannot and does not assume liability for payments concluded through third party payment systems such as Paypal, online banking, or otherwise.